1. BOOKING DETAILS
- Final number of rooms and name list required must be advised and confirmed 60 days prior to arrival.
- Between 60 and 45 days prior to arrival a reduction of 10% in number will be allowed without incurring cancellation fees.
- Less than 45 days prior to arrival, any reduction in numbers will incur cancellation fees.
- A 50% deposit, calculated on the full contract value is payable 120 days prior to groups arrival, unless otherwise specified.
- Bookings made less than 60 days prior to travel require full prepayment within 10 working days of date of reservation, unless otherwise specified.
- Although every effort is made by Africa Photographic Travel to keep to the proposed itinerary, Africa Photographic Travel cannot be held responsible for deviations from the itinerary due to unforeseen circumstances.
- 50% payment is required to confirm all bookings, failure to do so could result in forfeiture of reservation.
- 50% Payment is required in full within 60 days of travel
- Should bookings be made within 60 days or shorter, full payment at time of confirmation will be required.
3. CANCELLATION POLICY
- After acceptance of tour: 10% of contract value.
- 60 – 45 days prior to arrival date: 25% of total contract value.
- 45 – 30 days prior to arrival date: 50% of total contract value.
- 29 - 14 days or less prior to arrival date: 75% of total contract value.
- 14 days and less prior to arrival: 100% of contract value.
- No show: 100% of contract value
- The amount indicated on the Proforma Invoice is a guideline and is subject to change due to exchange rate fluctuations and lodge/hotel rate amendments.
- Payment for bookings originating inside and outside the borders of South Africa, may be made into the following account:
Account Name: SA Family Travel
Bank: First National Bank - FNB
Branch Code: 250655
Account Number: 625 408 90458
Swift code: FIRNZAJJ
- A copy of the deposit slip, duly stamped by the bank, together with the appropriate details and the invoice number must be faxed or emailed to our offices to confirm payment and to update records.
- Email: email@example.comM
Failure to do so may result in the payment not being reflected and reservations cancelled.
- Failure to make payment and deposits timeously as specified in correspondences may result in automatic cancellation of reservations and cancellation terms coming into effect.
- Please note that interest at 10.5% pa will be charged on late payments and calculated on a daily basis, on the outstanding balance, until date of payment. We will be entitled to finance charges at the maximum annual finance charge rate permitted by law from time to time.
- Gratuities - tipping is at the client's discretion. Please refer to our Pre-Departure Document for details.
- All rates are quoted on a cash basis and due to the high bank charges for credit card payments there will be a 5% fee levied on the quoted price.
- Transfers are by road or air subject to prevailing weather conditions and aircraft availability.
- Transfer rates are quoted on a “schedule” seat on plane/seat in vehicle basis and timing is determined by daily inbound and outbound Airline Schedules.
- While in transit, guests are covered by passenger liability insurance and all vehicles carry public liability insurance.
- There is a 15 kg luggage limitation (for air transfers) per passenger, to be packed in soft bags, including hand luggage.
- There is a 20kg luggage limitation per passenger for domestic flights on commercial airlines.
- We recommend that guests take precautions against malaria, should guests be entering a malaria area, prior to the commencement of their holiday. Please contact a medical practitioner or pharmacist for advice as to which prophylactic is recommended.
- All guests shall be required to sign an indemnity agreement on arrival at the safari lodge/s stating that they are fully aware of the dangers associated with game lodges and the presence of wild and dangerous animals, insects and reptiles and shall agree to waive the right to make any claim against SA Family Travel, the owners of the lodge, their employees or any person associated directly or indirectly with the said lodge or hotel.
- Any special requirements for their guests such as dietary, medical or special occasions should be advised 60 days before arrival.
- All clients must take out comprehensive travel insurance covering them for personal effects, personal accident, medical and emergency travel expenses, cancellation and curtailment.
- It is of utmost importance that guests thoroughly check visa requirements before the intended date of travel, as SA Family Travel cannot be held responsible should the necessary visa requirements not be fulfilled. The cost, currency, accepted method of payment and type of visa ie: single, double or multiple entry, should be checked in advance to avoid any inconveniences and delays when entering countries or crossing borders.
- Recommended insurance: personal accident, medical expenses and baggage insurance. Please note that SA Family Travel is not responsible for insurance arrangements of any type.
- SA Family Travel cannot be held responsible for any delays prior to departure or during the course of the tours due to technical problems, road and weather conditions or any other circumstances beyond our control.
- The tour leader will be responsible for the tour. Passengers will agree to adhere to the tour leader’s lawful requirements.